Thursday, March 10, 2016

Math Fun

Matt time in our classroom is a very active time of the day! Students are working at 11 different places around the room, on 11 different tasks. This can sometimes cause a little chaos! Yesterday, during that time, I heard some students getting loud on the big carpet in our room. I turned around to ask them to quiet down and then realized that they were being loud because they were so excited about the math tasks that they were completed! How could I ask them to quiet down then? They were working as a team to complete 3 math fluency puzzles: one was about money, one about telling time, and one about addition and subtraction. It was so much fun to watch them get excited about completing these puzzles together. It reminded me why I love my teaching job so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.